Most of us are being bombarded by stories, advertisements, and doctor pleas to lather on the sunscreen 365 days a year. Even designer Marc Jacobs created "protect the skin you’re in" tees. And yet, a good number of people aren’t listening.
The sweltering heat has meant that even a walk to the supermarket requires SPF, and it’s unfortunate that not only do people not protect themselves during short walks, they’re also basking in the sun at the beach with no more than SPF 15 and a bottle of tanning oil.
The result? The countless burned-to-a-crisp people we see painfully walking the streets.
We’ve rounded-up some innovative, easy-to-use sunscreens, including ones for those with sensitive skin, those with acne-prone skin, those that work well with make-up. And, for those who say they don’t wear SPF because it only comes off during physical activity, a sweat-resistant one.
Now you have no excuse but to lather up. Trust that your skin will thank you in the years to come. After all, leathery, haggard skin is not sexy…
- Supergoop SPF 30+ Quickstick, $9
- Jane Iredale Powder Me SPF 30, $41.80 (ideal when wearing make-up)
- Banana Boat Continuous Spray Sunscreen, $9.49
- Tocca SPF 30+ Towelette in Stella, 8 count, $28
- Peter Thomas Roth Uber-Dry Sunscreen SPF 30, $26 (ideal for those worried about excess shine)
- Mario Badescu Eye & Lip Sunscreen SPF 15, $20 (ideal for everyone to protect the sensitive eye and lip areas)
- Vichy Aqualia Thermal Lotion SPF 30, $28 (ideal for sensitive and acne-prone skin)