On the heels of last night’s Met Gala, fashion’s biggest annual event, YSL Beauty has announced Zoë Kravitz as its newest muse. The stunning actress and recording artist (and daughter of Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet) has signed an exclusive social media collaboration with the beauty giant, starting this month. Zoë will share her favorite makeup picks, beauty looks and go-to tips on her social channels and YSL Beauty’s channels.
“YSL has always been one of my favorite brands. Their ability to combine the chicest of style with a raw edge has always been to me one of the best ways to express yourself through fashion and beauty. Nothing is forced, nothing is fake, but everything is bold, strong, and unafraid. I’m very excited to work with this legendary and timeless company,” Zoë said in a statement.
Naturally, Zoë wore YSL makeup to the Met Gala to accompany her Valentino dress. Makeup artist Renee Garnes says her look was inspired by Breakfast at Tiffany’s and designed to focus on her “radiant, glowing skin and fierce eyes.” Renee shares how to recreate the look below.
- Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation was used as a base to sculpt and refine her face for an even but lightly contoured look.
- Touche Éclat Pen was used to conceal under the eyes and around the nose area.
- Touche Éclat Strobing Light Pen was used down her nose, on her eyelids and on her high cheekbone area to highlight.
- Zoë’s eyes were bold using Eyelier Effet Faux Cils Shocking N° 1 and Full Metal Shadow in N° 8 Dewy Gold to brighten her lids. Extra shine was added using the Couture Variation Palette in Nu.
- Waterproof mascara was used to give her a doe eye effect.
- On her cheeks, Renee used Les Sahariennes Bronzing Stones and Blush Volupte.
- For her nude lip, Zoë wore Rouge Volupte Shine in N° 47 Beige Blouse.