This born and bred California girl was signed with Next Models at the tender age of 14, landing editorials in Elle Girl and a DKNY campaign not long after.
With 5 years of experience under her belt, Ruby Aldridge is already a pro, and it looks like her hard work is finally paying off.
Alhough Ruby is a runway veteran, walking in shows for lesser known designers in the past, it was not until the Fall/Winter 2010 season that she really took hold of the spotlight.
She walked a total of 24 major shows from New York to Paris – a huge deal for Ruby, who was considered a new face at the time, despite her repertoire of modeling experience.
Not only did her extravagant presence at the fashion weeks make headlines, but so did her sense of style off of the runways. Her father is an artist, and her mother is a former model, so it is no mystery where her style and creativity come from.
This Los Angeles hipster’s grungy chic ensembles have made regular appearances on the party scene photography site, The Cobra Snake, but they are now being snapped by the world’s best street style photographers for our viewing pleasure.
She mixes 90’s ruggedness, punk rock flair, French minimalism, and laidback California cool effortlessly together for a look that is all her own. Add a dancer’s grace and elegance, and you’ve got a fashion superstar in the making.
Ruby transforms her plaid shirt from grungy to sexy by showing some leg in a pair of micro shorts.
1. The Sexy Fit Shirt from Joe’s Jeans – $98.00
2. Basic Burnout Top from Forever 21 – $11.80
3. F7782 Sunglasses from Forever 21 – $5.80
4. Distressed Denim Shorts from Forever 21 – $18.90
5. Eugenia Kim Max Fedora from Shopbop.com – $286.00
6. Dr. Martens 1460 Original Boots from Urban Outfitters – $125.00
Ruby takes the well-known model uniform of an oversized top, black skinny jeans, and rugged boots to the streets, along with her favorite distressed denim jacket.
1. Rag & Bone Clochard Tassel Scarf from Shopbop.com – $175.00
2. Zip It Skinny Jeans from Forever 21 – $22.80
3. Malababa Small Grosi Bag from Urban Outfitters – $198.00
4. The Lawn Tee from American Apparel – $28.00
5. Traditional Denim Jacket from Forever 21 – $22.90
6. Leeds Riding Boots from Nastygal – $78.00