Florence Welch is the musical brainchild behind English pop/rock band Florence and the Machine.
This bright-eyed songstress lights up a stage and captivates an audience with her fiery red hair, soulful yet raspy vocals, and electrically charged lyrics.
Her onstage ensembles are known to be extravagant and overly embellished, much like her music. Though seen as conservative when compared to the likes of Lady Gaga, her performance look is her own, made up of intricately pieced gowns and dresses.
Her off stage style is much tamer, but still imprinted with a quirky, character-driven vibe that has the fashion world taking notice.
Florence gravitates toward a more masculine aesthetic rather than the more romantic looks she goes for while performing.
She mixes boyish pieces like oversized blazers and beat-up brogues with vintage dresses, lacey tops, and patterned mini skirts.
She is one not afraid to experiment or get creative, putting together unexpected color combinations like baby blue and metallic pink, and wearing slightly oversized and exaggerated shapes, like a padded shouldered jacket over a body-conscious dress. Like her music, the sky is the limit with her clothing options, and nothing is ever out of bounds. Find out how to recreate two of Florence’s standout looks below.
1. Thread Social Crinkle Chiffon V Back Dress from Shopbop – $270.00
2. Wool McCoy Blazer from J. Crew – $179.99
3. Camden Leather Brogues from J. Crew – $250.00
4. Woven Jabot Ruffle Top from Forever 21 – $19.80
1. Chino Ludlow Sportcoat Blazer from J. Crew – $89.99
2. Selvedge Chambray Shirt from J. Crew – $98.00
3. Nixon The Early Bird Bowler Hat from Amazon.com – $30.00
4. Skinny Frayed Jeans from Forever 21 – $26.90
5. Metallic Gauze Scarf from Forever 21 – $7.80
6. Botkier Joy Satchel from Shopbop.com – $
7. Camden Leather Brogues from J. Crew – $250.00