Liz Lange has been dressing moms-to-be, along with nearly every major pregnant celebrity, for the last 16 years. Here, the mother, entrepreneur, designer and author of Liz Lange's Maternity Style answers our 21 questions.
1. When I get dressed in the morning I… think about everything that's on my calendar for that day and night to make sure that what I put on will be appropriate for it all without having to change later.
2. My biggest fashion pet peeve is…tights.
3. If I had to pick one style regret… My 80s high school style: baggies (what we called balloon style pants), polo shirts with upturned collars, white jazz shoes and big hair.
4. The biggest misconception about maternity fashion is… that wearing something bigger will hide your new shape and make you look thinner.
5. If my days had one extra hour I'd… spend more time with my two children!
6. The beauty products I can't live without are… Armani's Maestro foundation (so light it's like wearing nothing at all!), Urban Decay eyeliners and Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat.
7. When I'm looking to pamper myself I… get a foot massage at my local nail salon.
8. The one electronic I can't live without is… my Blackberry (I'm going down with the ship!).
9. My favorite place to shop is… Bergdorf Goodman.
10. When I'm looking to get inspired I… travel — though the women on Madison Avenue in my hometown, NYC, are inspiring too.
11. The best place to de-stress is… the bathtub.
12. If I could have dinner with one famous person it would be… Karl Lagerfeld.
13. The celebrity I was most excited to see wear one of my designs was… hard to call one out, I have dressed so many, but Cindy Crawford was the first and she helped put me on the map.
14. On a typical Saturday night I… go to dinner and the movies — I love the movies.
15. My guilty pleasure is… carbs! Pasta, bread, chocolate desserts.
16. Every woman should own… a versatile little black dress.
17. I'm dying to splurge on… a Tom Ford big gold cuff bracelet — it is so 70s and so amazing.
18. The one item in my closet I'm currently wearing the most… L'Agence dresses.
19. The thing I'm most excited about for Spring/Summer 2013 is… warm weather!
20. The best style tip I ever got… nothing is a bargain if you don't wear it often and nothing is too expensive if you live in it.
21. I wouldn't be caught dead in… heavy/chunky/masculine shoes. I like very light ladylike shoes (think Manolo Blahnik).