While a handful of good friends and an endless rock and roll playlist might be all you need for a smashing summer road trip, it never hurts to stay stylish throughout the excursion.
With help from the second part of our summer guide, you can always look amazing in the car, at the gas station, and wherever your cross-country journey takes you.
Inspiration was drawn from the lovable characters in Little Miss Sunshine, and a biker-themed editorial featuring model Carmen Kass.
Designers such as Adam, Betty Jackson, and Phillip Lim featured shearling or leather jackets in their Fall 2010 collections, which are essentials for chilly summer nights on the road.
And although the theme of their recent show was not exactly rebel-chic, the team at Alice + Olivia decided to put together a summer runway tour, traveling down the East Coast in a hippie van!
If you need some music to rock out to, check out the Black Key’s new album, Brothers.
Master the art of packing light by bringing along some classic on-the-go essentials, including sweatpants designed by Alexander Wang for his ultra-comfy T line, as well as driving slippers, aviators, and a
roomy duffel bag.
Stay refreshed and energized with green tea blotting pads, and prevent your hair from getting dull and windblown with some moisturizing spritzer.
1. PIER DUFFEL, $120 at eBags
2. DOLCE AND GABBANA STEVE MCQUEEN TEE, $97 at Farfetch
3. TWO FINGER SNAKE RING, $18 at Urban Outfitters
4. MIRAGE TOP, $29 at Modcloth
5 & 6. T BY ALEXANDER WANG TENCEL SPANDEX SWEATPANTS, $115 at La Garconne
7. LEATHER TRIM AVIATORS, $30 at Topshop
8. BED SUPERSTAR SPRITZ, $15 at Folica
9. WHISTLES BIKER JACKET, $295 at Asos
10. ACORN TRIBAL SCUFF SLIPER, $50 at Endless
11. GREEN TEA BLOTTING LINENS, $10 at Skinstore