Black never goes out of style. Black makes us look long and lean, and is the go-to shade for the fashionable set, from edgy models to top notch front row editors. When we don’t know what to wear, we turn to the color black.
Most of all, black is the color of the fall/winter season. When the skies turn gray and the rain is more likely to pour down from the clouds, this dark hue suits the mood and environment.
But to keep from looking too much like a depressed Gothic Lolita, or being mistaken for Wednesday Addams of The Addams Family, add a sharp pop of white to liven things up.
The best way to revitalize a head to toe black look is with a crisp white collared shirt. Stick the collar out of the neck of a black knitted sweater, boyfriend blazer, or feminine lace top.
The stark contrast of bright and clean against dark and deep is head-turning and youthful. It’s kind of like when the sun bursts through after a day’s worth of storm clouds and rainfall. You cannot help but smile and feel hopeful about things.
Check out these two black and white looks that are anything but boring.
1. Free People Ooh La La Lace Top from Shopbop – $78.00
5. Solid Boyfriend Shirt from Forever 21 – $17.80
1. Solid Boyfriend Shirt from Forever 21 – $17.80
3. Super Stretchy Ankle Jeans from Forever 21 – $22.80
4. Drawstring Hobo Bag from Forever 21 – $32.80
5. Vince Asymmetrical Sweater from Shopbop – $255.00